Getting involved with the Careers Show
What is the Careers Show?
The Careers Show is a free annual event organised by Careers Guernsey, Education Services in partnership with Commerce and Employment. It has been running for over 35 years and is well supported by more than 70 employers and learning providers. The local CIPD also support the event with a 'meet and greet' as students arrive to help focus their time at the event and get the most out of it.
It is usually held March/April time which also coincides with Guernsey university students being back in the Island so that they can attend the event.
The event is held over a whole day and the evening session tends to be more popular with the community, including career changers, the unemployed, university students and graduates, returners to work etc. The day session is focused on all Year 9, Year 10, Year 11 and Post-16 students attending from all of the schools.
Aims of the Careers Show
The aims of the Careers Show are:
- To raise awareness amongst people in the community of the variety of job sectors and job roles in Guernsey
- To provide employers and learning providers with an opportunity to showcase the opportunities they offer in an informal and accessible way
- To raise aspirations and encourage participation amongst the community
- To provide information 'all under one roof' to help with effective career planning
- To support the development of employability skills for school leavers and the unemployed
How do I get involved with the Careers Show?
Complete the Careers & Skills Show Interest Form [302kb] and we will make sure we keep in touch with you about any forthcoming Careers Show events.
Contact the Careers Show organiser at email@example.com