Do you enjoy working in an informal atmosphere and want to be part of a dynamic team of highly skilled software engineers developing leading edge technology?
FCG provides first class technology to support the insurance arm of our UK business. We provide solutions by dealing closely with our customers and working within an agile framework to deliver business benefits effectively.
The Group is privately owned with subsidiary companies located across Guernsey, Gibraltar and the UK, including an in-house re-insurer.
Reports to: Development Manager
To contribute to the development and the support of the Group's Core Application portfolio.
Provide First Central with technical expertise in developing the Group's core software applications.
- Develop technical capabilities to forward the Group Core Applications as directed by the Development Manager
- Provide technical expertise into the Service Delivery Function that supports the Group Core Applications
- Mentor a team of Developers in delivering technical solutions through the common approach, ensuring that the necessary resource and skills are available
- Support relationships with the other areas of IT to ensure that the development team works in harmony with the other change and IT functions.
- Work with the Chief Architect to ensure Solutions support the architectural direction of 1st Central technology
- Work to the agreed Prioritisation of requirements for development and to the agreed delivery dates against these requirements by understanding the business priorities, the technical capability and the strategies of both the business and technology
- Design and produce any necessary supporting documentation to enable IT to manage new components/ processes
- Identify and feedback any potential improvements to the organisations technology architecture
- To ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards/ regulations at all times
- Any other reasonable duties as required
For more information please see the online job description