Playscheme Play Worker
- Work directly with children at Playscheme, delivering activities and opportunities to develop personal, social and educational skills. This may involve decision making, discussions, the arts, IT/computer projects, community projects, environmental projects, outdoor activities and/or sports & games.
- Use interpersonal skills to develop relationships and provide support as required to individual young people within a group setting.
- Encourage increasing levels of participation of young people at Playscheme.
- Support and encourage volunteers and other Playscheme staff.
- Liaise with other agencies who work with young people, as and when required.
- Assist in ensuring that all sessions at Playscheme are carried out in a safe, non-threatening and inclusive environment in accordance with the Youth Commission's Health and Safety policies and Child Protection policy.
- Participate in daily staff meetings and individual supervision meetings over the Playscheme period.
- Undertake other general duties as and when required to ensure the smooth running of Playscheme.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Administrative ability (planning and evaluating work).
- Proven ability to contribute to work as part of a team as well as the ability to use own initiative and work independently.
- Experience of working with children in an informal setting.
- A basic understanding of youth work principles.
- A full Guernsey/ UK Driving Licence.
- First Aid qualification.
How to Apply
Please fill out and return the application form
Playscheme Play Worker - Application Form [1Mb]
Youth Commission for Guernsey & Alderney
Les Ozouets Campus
St Peter Port
01481 756099 or firstname.lastname@example.org