Trainee Trust Administrator
The Administrator will over time be given responsibility for a portfolio of clients and will be expected to know and understand the administration needs of those clients. The Administrator will provide administrative support to the Senior Administrators, Trust Officers, Assistant Manager and Manager.
- Administration of a portfolio of clients, keeping their line manager appraised of ongoing activity, to include:
- Preparation of statutory records
- Preparation of payments
- Preparation of written correspondence
- Bookkeeping of administrative transactions
- Processing compliance records
- Assisting with periodic client reviews
- Filing of client records
- Liaising with clients and third parties
- Client billing
- Ability to handle telephone callers with confidence
- Understand the fundamental techniques of book-keeping and financial record keeping, assist with accounts preparation as and when required
- Organise own work-flows so that nothing gets forgotten or overlooked
- Recognise problems and areas of difficulty at an early stage
- Communicate fully and meaningfully with colleagues and superiors
- Maintain a good knowledge of trust and company administration practice, compliance and anti-money laundering regulations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the logic behind a corporate entity and the reasons our clients use companies and of the logic of a trust and why our clients establish trusts
- Understand the meaning and practical application of confidentiality
- Such other duties as may be required from time to time
- Part qualified or willing to undertake study for a professional qualification such as STEP, ACCA, ICSA or ACA.
- Experience within either an administrative or accounting role (trust or non-trust)
- Excellent time and organisational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enjoyment of working within a busy team within the Firm and contributing to the efficient operation of the portfolio
- Computer literate with experience of/ability to adapt to the operation of our mainstream networked software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work with a comprehensive IT package including electronic filing of correspondence and permanent records and use of flexible database system
- Pay range will be at the market rate.
- Training is available for soft skills and professional qualifications.
- 35 hours a week.
Who to Contact
How to Apply
In writing enclosing a covering letter and CV.