Black Vanilla is hiring! - Communications Trainee
Have you just finished school, college or sixth form? Are you looking to start an exciting and challenging career? Black Vanilla is on the lookout for a Communications Trainee.
This is a junior role, assisting the team across all of Black Vanilla's service lines and helping with general office duties.
The agency is growing fast and we need your help to ensure the work we do for our business and consumer clients is first class.
As a trainee you will gain valuable experience in all aspects of communications - public relations, social media, content creation and copywriting, event organisation and media buying.
The role starts with a one-year contract, which will see the trainee take a big leap into the world of marketing. After the first year we will review your ambitions and skills before
we decide where your talents might take you next.
Year 1 - Day-to-day activities
- Checking press coverage for our clients, logging and filing coverage;
- Assisting with events organisation - helping to develop creative event ideas, researching costs, venues and suppliers, collecting or delivering items required for events or other client activity;
- general office duties, including keeping the office tidy, answering the phone, welcoming our guests, recycling, maintaining stationery supplies, and ensuring the meeting room is tidy;
- Producing graphics and editing films for social media (you'll need to be a whizz at this!)
- Assisting with Black Vanilla's promotional team, helping to organise the team and helping out at events;
- Keeping our clients' websites up to date, producing images and graphics etc.;
- Attending events to assist the team, taking photographs and helping with social media.
Year 1 - Training
Once a week, you will have the opportunity to use Black Vanilla and third-party training resources to learn more about PR, social media, website analytics, copywriting, marketing communications and event management.
Year 2 - Where Will Your Talents Take You?
At the end of year one, there will be a formal appraisal. If it's all going well, the employment terms will be changed to become an ongoing contract.
When that has been agreed, we will talk about your areas of particular interest and aptitude. Going forward we will look to develop your particular skills and whether they are best suited to PR, social media, copywriting, digital communications or event management.
- Willingness to get stuck in and fully involved in agency life
- Excellent computer skills, ideally using a Mac
- Good knowledge of photography, graphic design packages and iMovie editing
- A way with words and excellent grammar
- Driver's licence and a car is preferable
If you think you would suit this traineeship, we'd love to hear from you. Please email your CV to email@example.com